1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

--The State of Ggmc--

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ShouldaListened, May 11, 2019.

?

Agree?

This poll will close on Dec 11, 2019 at 12:39 PM.
  1. I agree Fully!

4 vote(s)
    66.7%
  2. I agree with about 75% of this post

2 vote(s)
    33.3%
  3. I agree with about 50% of this post

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. I agree with about 25% of this post

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. I agree with nothing

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. ShouldaListened

ShouldaListened New Member

Hello

I am ShouldaListened, I have been playing ggmc on and off for about a year and a half. (Not nearly as long as many others). I think I am speaking for many when I say, ggmc is not what it used to be. I think that this is mainly due to seasons. I don't think seasons were bad at the time they were implemented. They were great and most everyone was excited, but as it went on, and seasons reset, everything got worse. The servers just got boring. The server is losing players, and staff at a very rapid rate.

-Skyblock-
    Block Frame blueprints on skyblock made the server get very out of hand. Don't scrap seasonal skyblock, some people love it! But Ggmc having the OG skyblock servers, or just a server, would help it so much. That clearly is more attractive to players based off of the OG skyblock and current Skyblock player counts.

-Prisons-
    Prisons is just a type of gamemode that is always a constant grind. Having that reset is just deteriorating. I think getting rid of prison seasons would work better. Very few servers have ever pulled off seasonal prisons, and that is because of the paypal payouts and Maps and stuff. Ggmc with how non-pay to win it is just cannot profitably pull that off. I think that getting rid of prison seasons would be good for the server.

-What do the players want?-

---Non-seasonal Skyblock servers coming back---
    - Already explained why this would help.

---Better Communication---
    - Adding on to this, there are reason live-service games like Fortnite, Destiny, CoD, Apex, and others have Dev updates and staff updates weekly. To keep the player base filled in and happy. I get that this server is no where near as big of a live-service as those games, but they help is those gaming communities, why not use what works?

---Decent and Timely Prison Updates---
    We have seen sneak peaks and "leaks" of updates, but prisons has always had a history of getting updates very very late after the expected date.

---Timely Resets---
    Just, reset when the seasonal servers are supposed too

I do not expect instant change except in communication. Just an announcement saying when Ggmc is releasing an update about the server and how its going would be great. I get a reset on OG skyblock would take time. So would prison updates. But communication should not take very much time. Thanks for coming to my ted talk - ShouldaListened.

Note: Please leave a comment below after reading on if you agreed or didn't agree with anything here and why. That would be much appreciated.

2. drama246

drama246 Well-Known Member
    ELITE Helper

Hello!
    Thank you for the suggestion, I am sure they will do their best to fix these concerns. Hope you have a nice day :)

3. webbyz

webbyz Member
    ELITE

Hi there. Didnt you just copy everything that I said on the discord? Even though you disagreed with my opinions? You've used all the points I made, yet you were happy about the lack of updates and communication between leadership, staff and the players community

4. ShouldaListened

ShouldaListened New Member

Wrong, I was unhappy with how you were demanding weekly ingame updates.

5. KinSun

KinSun Member

I agree with everything said It could not be said any better. You also got most of the main points, one Idea for skyblock is bringing new spawners we have had the same spawners over and over so its the same grind same farm same everything as you said to bring new stuff. There may be new players but there are old players too they can think about both.

6. JackMustang

JackMustang Active Member

I’ll post this in disc if u don’t mknd