1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Practicing Internet Safety - PLEASE READ SO IMPORTANT!!!

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by djkittycoolcat, Mar 1, 2018.

1. djkittycoolcat

djkittycoolcat Well-Known Member
    Supreme Sub

Recently I've heard a few stories of players giving out personal information to other players, even as personal as addresses. It is so IMPERATIVE that personal information not be shared with people met on the internet. I, personally, love how tight knit this community is on GGMC. I have met some wonderful people on this server that I can say are more supportive and caring than people I have met in real life. However, I don't know them in real life, therefore, I know that I can't give out my personal information. Maybe after years of knowing someone and building that trust it may become possible, but someone I haven't known a long time... it could be years perhaps before I would consider it. But for now, I would like to share with you some rules of safety that I suggest be followed to practice internet safety. There are stories on the news sometimes about people, 99% of them kids, who meet people on the internet, some of these people posing as kids themselves, that become stalkers or possibly worse. Please, don't become a statistic. This is why I URGE you to practice these following guidelines. There are so many people on here who care extremely about everyone's safety on here.

1. Do not give out personal information such your location (town, address) telephone number, or any of same of your family's personal information.

2. Tell a staff member, even your parents or another trusted adult right away if you come across something that makes you feel uncomfortable.

3. Never agree to get together with someone you meet online.

4. Do not post any inappropriate pictures of yourself or share them with anyone you meet online.

5. Do not respond to any messages that are mean or in any way make you feel uncomfortable. Take a screenshot and submit to a staff member. It is not your fault if you get a message like that.

6. Do not have private vc without first feeling comfortable with the person. If you ever feel uncomfortable with the direction the vc is going, end it immediately and cease any further contact with that person. If they try to contact you and do not leave you alone, be sure to take ss, notify a staff member and submit ss.

7. DO NOT give your usernames, passwords or any other account information to anyone (even your best friends).

8. Do not download or install software unless it is from a reliable website. Do not click any advertisements or links from GGMC game or discord (advertising is against the rules). This could possibly hurt your computer or mobile device or jeopardize your family’s privacy.

9. Be a good example online and not do anything that hurts other people or break any of GGMC rules. If you are unsure of what these are, you can find the network guidelines here: https://minecraft.good-gaming.com/forums/index.php?pages/Network-Guidlines/ Also, report if you see another player breaking these rules by doing /report or by submitting a ticket throught the forums. Do not accuse them in public chat.

10. Disable Location on your computer and your mobile device on your computer and phone. If you are unsure how, there are guides online.

I hope that a lot of you read this and that you practise these guidelines. Internet safety is extremely important.

2. Mxchyz_

Mxchyz_ Well-Known Member
    Supreme Sub

This is very informative and very important. I suggest y'all read this. Thanks DJ! <3

djkittycoolcat likes this.
  3. djkittycoolcat

djkittycoolcat Well-Known Member
    Supreme Sub

awe thx michy... just trying help keep ppl safe :)

4. Moonely

Moonely Well-Known Member
    ELITE

I hate to say, thats TOOOOOOOOOO SAFE, but yea. I agree. But for #3 I have some queries. Because I've met people online before, and I usually tend to keep the relationship that way. And most of them are good too... Is just my thought, but the basic overall, this is godly