1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

UPCOMING Update Notes #15: SKYBLOCK FUTURE MEGATHREAD!

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Fluxty, Aug 25, 2018.

1. Fluxty

Fluxty Director
    The Creator Head Admin ELITE Sub

Hello everyone!

After many sleepless nights and a lot of hard work, it's finally time to announce a release date for OP SkyBlock: Future, and talk about all of the features we are adding to truly evolve the game! ;) Let's jump into it!

[​IMG]
    Official Release Date: September 1st, 9AM PST/11AM CST/12PM EST
    Donor Rank/Sub Beta: August 25, 12PM PST/2PM CST/3PM EST

► SkySeasons? Future? CyberPunk? What is it?!
    OP SkyBlock: Future will be our most unique release to date. As many of you know, the gameplay is seasonal, meaning that each game will last for three months. After the three months are up, the top islands will receive some really awesome rewards, and a new season will begin, starting all over from the beginning! The previous Season will NOT reset! Instead, it will be moved to a non-seasonal server so your progress is not lost.

So, what's up with all the server names? Our Seasonal SkyBlock servers will be dedicated to a separate section of Good Gaming called "SkySeasons". Within SkySeasons we have our first seasonal SkyBlock server, OP SkyBlock: Future. Because the season will rotate every 3 months, we need some "Future" related theme. Thus, the first season of SkyBlock Future is "CyberPunk". As for the next season, we will let everyone vote on that when it comes time! :)

OP SkyBlock Future
    Season: CyberPunk
    Duration: 3 Months
    [​IMG]
    SkyBlock Seasons: CyberPunk spawn
    ► Island Top Rewards
    • First Place: $500 store card (+ Trophy and Exclusive title with JourneyPass)
    • Second Place: $300 store card (+ Trophy with JourneyPass)
    • Third Place: $100 store card (+ Trophy with JourneyPass)
    • Fourth & Fifth Place: $50 store card (+ Trophy with JourneyPass)
    • Everyone else: Trophy with JourneyPass
    Wondering what the JourneyPass is? No worries! We'll expand on that next.

► The Journey Book
    [​IMG]
    Each Season of SkyBlock will feature the Journey Book, a book full of 50 different types of quests to complete. The quests will be divided into five chapters of ten quests each. Completing a chapter will unlock chapter rewards along with the next chapter, and Chapter rewards include OP items like Block Frames, World Anchors, money, spawners, and even BluePrints (more info on this below)!

Everyone will also have the option to purchase the JourneyPass from the store, which will unlock cosmetic rewards for completing a chapter, such as Cosmetic S3 keys and exclusive tags/pets, as well as extra end of season rewards that will carry into the next season.

[​IMG]
    An example of Season trophies from the JourneyPass

► Custom Items
    One of the major things to touch on for SB Future are the custom items. These items provide massive value in the mid-late game. And whether you're trying to automate your island or just optimize, they will add a ton of game play elements even after the typical SkyBlock journey is over.

Sellers Wand
    [​IMG]
    An item we already know and love from our existing OP SkyBlock servers, the Seller's Wand in Future will be mostly unchanged. Right click a chest, and all the blocks in it will be sold to you.

Sellers Chest
    [​IMG]
    Our first brand new item to SkyBlock is the Seller's Chest. This item goes a step beyond the Seller's Wand by automatically selling ITSELF when it's full! No manual selling required. When it runs out of uses, you can place a Seller's Wand inside and it will add it to the uses!

World Anchor

[​IMG]
    The World Anchor is making a return with some strong adjustments. They will not only keep chunks loaded, but they will also keep mob spawners activated and spawning mobs, even while you're away!

Block Hopper
    [​IMG]
    The Block Hopper is a new item with unlimited uses. It will automatically convert any gems/ingots that pass through it into blocks to optimize storage. Combine this with a Seller's Chest to maximize profits!

Block Frame
    [​IMG]
    The good ol' coveted Block Frame is still here this Season, automatically placing blocks from Hoppers into it and increasing your Island Level in a single-block space! The level gain from Block Frames can also be boosted with our new upgrades (more on that below!)

BluePrints
    [​IMG]
    BlockHopper BluePrint
    Want a better way to obtain all of the custom items above? Blueprints are the answer! You can place a blueprint item in an Anvil with the recipe listed in the picture to craft it! You'll also receive the blueprint back so you can craft the item as many times as you want. :)

In the example above, you can make a Block Hopper by placing the Blueprint in an anvil with a normal Hopper and paying 11,000 XP Levels. After crafting, you'll receive the blueprint back in your inventory along with a fancy new Block Hopper! Note: The cost is based on XP Levels and not XP.

There's only one way to obtain Blueprints, and that's by completing JourneyBook chapters. Receive a Block Frame blueprint when you complete chapter 5.

► Island Upgrades
    We are releasing three epic new types of upgrades in SkyBlock Future! They will cost a mix of EXP levels as well as SBGGs.

[​IMG]
    • Spawners - By default, spawners in SB Future will spawn mobs every 75-90 seconds. Each time you upgrade your Spawners with this new Island Upgrade, the time to spawn will be reduced by 3 seconds.
    • Block Frames - Upgrading your Block Frames will increase the island level gained from each block inside them. Each time you upgrade, the level value of the blocks increases by 10%!
    • Seller's Tools - Seller's tools are your Seller's Wands, Seller's Chests, and the AutoSell enchant. When you purchase this upgrade, the sell value of items sold by these wands and chests is increased by a whopping 10%.
    ► The Enchanter (Custom Enchants)
    GG SkyBlock finally has custom enchants! Visit the Enchantress to buy an enchantment with your EXP levels! You'll have three tiers to choose from, each with different costs and different rarities of enchantments. On top of that, we've reworked anvils to be capable of handling both custom enchants and vanilla enchants much higher than the max level! Here's the full list:

[​IMG]
    • Tier 1
      • Cost: 20 Levels
      • AutoSmelt: Automatically smelts all blocks you break.
      • Decapitate I: 25% chance to receive a player's skull when you kill them.
      • Sharpness I-V
      • Efficiency I-V
      • Protection I-IV
      • Fortune - I-III
      • Nightvision I: See in darkness.
      • Speed I: Move faster.
      • Haste I: Swing/Mine faster.
      • Resistance I: Take less damage.
    • Tier 2
      • Cost: 200 Levels
      • KeepInventory: When you die from PVE, such as lava, you will not lose your items.
      • Decapitate II: 50% chance to receive a player's skull when you kill them.
      • Sharpness VI-VII
      • Efficiency VI-VII
      • Protection V-VI
      • Fortune IV-VI
      • Resistance II
      • Speed II
      • Haste II
      • Strength I: Deal more damage.
      • XPSteal I: When you kill a player, steal 10% of their EXP
      • AutoSell I-III: While holding this item, runs /sell all in your inventory once every 10/5/2.5 minutes
      • MoreXP I: Increase EXP gained from all sources by 10% (except XPSteal and Bottles)
    • Tier 3
      • Cost: 2000 Levels
      • XPSteal II-III: When you kill a player, steal 25%/50% of their EXP.
      • Speed III
      • Haste III
      • Strength II
      • Decapitate III: 75% chance to receive a player's skull when you kill them.
      • KeepInventory
      • NoHunger: No longer lose hunger.
      • ExtraLife: When a player lands a kill blow on you, this enchant is consumed to restore you to full HP.
      • MoreXP II-IV: Increase EXP gained from all sources by 20%/30%/40% (except XPSteal and Bottles)
      • AutoSell IV-VI: While holding this item, runs /sell all in your inventory once every 1min/30sec/10sec
    Big list of enchants just for the server opening, aye? What's more is that you'll be able to use Anvil mechanics to combine enchants and reach levels even higher than the Tier 3 ones! But beware, all level costs in anvils have been modified heavily, and the XP cost will be listed on the Enchant books. Anvils will also no longer be craftable and can only be obtained from the voting crate :)

► Vote Parties, Drop Parties & PvP Events
    Vote Parties, Drop Parties and PvP Events have been buffed pretty big in Future. First, they can all grant SBGGs which scale with island level!

[​IMG]
    This means the amount of SBGGs you receive are based on your Island Level. If you have an island level of 1 million and you receive the note in the above picture, 1 million * 729 is 729 million SBGG! Plus the base value of 7,000,000 and you have yourself a cool 736 mil from the Mystery crate :cool:.

McMMO will not be in SkyBlock Future. Instead of those rewards, we'll have XP levels in crates, which will be much more powerful! Remember, XP levels now can be used to buy custom enchants, craft enchants and blueprints in anvils, AND completes JourneyBook quests! What's more is that kits and other rewards have been buffed with all sorts of sought after enchants you'll be able to build onto.

The natural caveat to all of these great buffs is that Vote Parties, Drop Parties and PvP Events will now become much more rare. Vote Parties will require 500 votes to start (but will have much better odds to get strong keys), Drop Parties and PvP Events won't drop nearly as many items and Supreme's will only receive one of each a week on Future.

Be sure to check out all the other the new OP crate rewards when SkyBlock Future opens!

► Release Date
    [​IMG]
    There's still tons more new stuff in OPSB Future, but we'll let you find some of it for yourself when the gamemode opens September 1st around 11AM CST/12PM EST! For players with paid ranks/subscriptions, testing opens today, August 25th at 2PM CST. For those who cannot afford to try the game early, don't worry. All testing progress will be wiped before the official release.

I'll leave you with a final list of some extra features we didn't mention in this post:

• New Rule: Only 2 accounts per household on Seasonal SkyBlock servers, the same as Prison. We don't want to force anyone into the tedious task of managing 5 accounts in order to be competitive.
    • /bounty - Set a $SBGG bounty on a player, whoever kills them wins the money! /bounties to see all active bounties and your own stats.
    • /pvp can be used to TP to pvp without adding /warp, TPA into PvP is disabled, and there is a five second warmup before you can escape PvP.
    • Players at /crates and /dparty will turn into chickens instead of running around invisible. The main point of this is to reduce player lag and visibility reduction.
    • Very minor nerfs to sell prices of store items like grass and cobblestone.
    • EXP amounts for all spawners have been re-worked and are listed on the Spawners shop page.
    • The Auction House has been re-coded for future planned updates.
    • The Cosmetic crate now contains all previous Cosmetic crates in a single menu.
    • Many messages have been prettied up or made easier to understand.
    • Players on Seasonal servers like SB Future can safely purchase multiple boosters at the same time.
    • Spawners can now be right-clicked and be picked up as one item, or in bunches of 10/100. (Shoutout to Hobo for helping on this!)
    • Patched loads of old bugs.
    • Completely optimized Redstone
    • Much more to come :eek:

#1 Fluxty, Aug 25, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 3, 2018
    Rafail1911, Nish5115 and Nick like this.
  2. Nick

Nick Developer
    Head Dev ELITE

3. BrosTrons

BrosTrons Volunteer Staff
    Mod Supreme

:OOO What an amazing update, definitely worth the wait!!

SSBB and Nish5115 like this.
  4. hugohh4

hugohh4 Well-Known Member

The legend! GG! :D

Nish5115 likes this.
  5. Panda0Bear

Panda0Bear New Member

Now prison stuff pls kthx
    Just a meme
    This new skyblock is Pog

Nish5115 likes this.
  6. Nish5115

Nish5115 New Member

7. Cake

Cake Admin
    Admin Supreme Sub

I hope you're all ready for the testing phase!

Rafail1911, iWonderGirl_ and Fluxty like this.
  8. Ikarinoken

Ikarinoken New Member

I’ll definitely come back to good gaming after this update

9. Moonely

Moonely Well-Known Member
    ELITE

Finally! Some good updates for me to commit into it

10. hugohh4

hugohh4 Well-Known Member

I'm ready to destroy all the opponents :D

Cake likes this.
  11. iWonderGirl_

iWonderGirl_ Well-Known Member
    Supreme Sub Helper

Amazing Like Always!! Good job :)

SSBB likes this.
  12. xPoogGod

xPoogGod Active Member
    Supreme Sub

NOT IF I BEAT YOU!

hugohh4 likes this.
  13. Chopper2112

Chopper2112 Well-Known Member
    Supreme

14. Winqs

Winqs Well-Known Member
    ELITE

I guess I'm coming back. :^)

SSBB likes this.
  15. Wuwy

Wuwy Volunteer Staff
    GameMaster Supreme Sub

Can't wait to try it out! :D

Cake likes this.
  16. Mxchyz_

Mxchyz_ Well-Known Member
    Supreme Sub

Amazing can't wait. Great work everyone.

Cake likes this.
  17. Moonely

Moonely Well-Known Member
    ELITE

im ready to join you :p

18. JackMustang

JackMustang Active Member

best update EVER thx nick and co.!

19. JNicolaiP

JNicolaiP New Member
    MVP

Well then. Time to go back to GGMC <3