THIS AGREEMENT CONTAINS A MANDATORY ARBITRATION PROVISION AND WAIVER OF JURY TRIAL. PLEASE READ IT CAREFULLY BEFORE AGREEING.
Website Terms of Service
Effective Date: July 1, 2018
Welcome to the Good-Gaming Minecraft website (hereinafter “Good-Gaming,” “we” or “us”) at https://www.minecraft.good-gaming.com (including all content under the “minecraft.good-gaming.com” domain name, and referred to herein as the “Website”). We provide the Website and the associated services, data, information, games, tools, software, updates, and materials (altogether, the “Services”), subject to your agreement to and compliance with the terms and conditions set forth in this document (the “Agreement”).
Please carefully read this Agreement that governs your access to and use of the Website and Services, and that applies to all users of the Website. If you do not agree and consent to this Agreement, please do not use the Website and/or the Services.
The following additional terms are incorporated into this Agreement as if fully set forth herein:
- Copyright Policy
- Complaint Policy
- As long as you are in compliance with all the terms and conditions of this Agreement (and all incorporated documents) and have paid any applicable Fees (as defined below), we hereby grant to you during the Term (as defined below) a limited, revocable, non-assignable, non-transferable, non-sublicensable, non-exclusive license to use the Website, and to access and receive the Services thereon that are intended for public display or access for personal, non-commercial use. Any rights not explicitly granted in this Agreement are strictly withheld and reserved by us.
- You agree that (i) except in your normal use of the Website, you will not copy or distribute any part of the Website or Services in any medium without our prior written authorization; (ii) you will not alter or modify any part of the Website or Services other than as is necessary to use the Website or Services for their intended purposes; and (iii) you will otherwise comply with this Agreement.
- You agree that you will not violate any applicable law or regulation in connection with your use of the Website or Services.
- You agree that you will not distribute, upload, make available or otherwise publish through the Website or Services any suggestions, information, ideas, comments, causes, promotions, documents, questions, notes, plans, drawings, proposals or similar materials (“Submissions”); or graphics, text, information, links, profiles, personal information, name, likeness, audio, photos, software, music, sounds, video, comments, messages, tags or similar materials (“Content”) that:
- are unlawful or encourage another to engage in anything unlawful;
- contain a virus or any other similar malicious software that may damage the operation of our or another’s computers;
- infringe upon any copyright, patent, trademark, trade secret, right of privacy, right of publicity or other right of any person or entity;
- are false, inaccurate, fraudulent or misleading; or
- are libelous, defamatory, obscene, inappropriate, abusing, harassing, threatening or bullying.
- You further agree that you will not do any of the following:
- modify, adapt, translate, copy, reverse engineer, decompile or disassemble any portion of the Website or Services;
- use the Website or Services for any commercial purpose, or for any public display (commercial or non-commercial);
- interfere with or disrupt the operation of the Website or Services, including restricting or inhibiting any other person from using the Website or Services by means of hacking or defacing;
- transmit to or make available in connection with the Website or Services any denial of service attack, virus, worm, Trojan horse or other harmful code or activity;
- attempt to probe, scan or test the vulnerability of the Website or Services or to breach our security or authentication measures;
- take any action that imposes an unreasonable or disproportionately large load on our infrastructure, as determined in our sole discretion;
- harvest or collect the email addresses or other contact information of other users of the Website or Services;
- scrape or collect any content from the Website or Services via automated means;
- submit or post false, incomplete or misleading information to the Website or Services, or otherwise provide such information to us; or
- impersonate any other person or business.
- In addition, we reserve the right to review, edit or remove any Submissions or Content, however, we are not required to routinely screen, monitor or review Submissions and Content on the Website or Services. YOU AGREE THAT WE ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY SUCH SUBMISSIONS OR CONTENT, AND YOUR RELIANCE ON ANY SUCH INFORMATION IS AT YOUR OWN RISK.
- You agree that you are not licensed to access any portion of the Website or Services that we have not made public or accessible to registered users, and you may not attempt to override any security measures in place on the Website or Services.
- Notwithstanding the foregoing rules of conduct, our unlimited right to terminate your access to the Website or Services shall not be limited to violations of this Restrictions section.
- Some parts or all of the Website or Services may not be available to the general public, and we may impose eligibility rules from time to time. We reserve the right to amend these eligibility requirements at any time. You are not eligible to use the Website or Services if doing so would violate any applicable law or regulation, including but not limited to U.S. export controls or restrictions.
- The Website and Services may be used by young players (including those under the age of 13). But if you are under the age of 13, you may only use the Website and Services if you have the consent of your parent or guardian! Under applicable law (47 U.S.C. Section 230(d), as amended), we hereby notify you that parental control protections (such as computer hardware, software or filtering services) are commercially available to assist you in limiting access to material that is harmful to minors.
- If you wish to purchase any of our games or Services, please note that our sales are through Buycraft (our third party e-commerce store, which supports PayPal payments). Buycraft and PayPal require their users to be over the age of 18, so if you are under 18, please have your parent or guardian help you with making any purchases.
- FEES, TRANSACTIONS AND REGISTRATIONS
- As more fully described on the Website, access to certain Website features or Services may require your payment of fees (“Fees”).
- You may be required to register your personal information with us in order to use certain areas of the Website or the Services, for example, to access/provide Content or play online games. In doing so, you agree that you will provide accurate and complete information. We may refuse to process your information if we believe that you may be: i) impersonating another person; ii) violating the intellectual property or other rights of any entity; iii) posting Content that is offensive; or iv) providing any information that we may otherwise reject for any or no reason in our sole discretion.
- ABOUT THE GOOD GAMING STORE
- The Good-Gaming server is in no way affiliated with Mojang, AB. Further, you should not consider that Good-Gaming is a company that is endorsed by Mojang, AB. Any contributions or purchases made within the Good Gaming store go to the Good-Gaming LLC Development Team.
- Store and Refund Policies. Payments for Transactions involving virtual items are final, and there are no refunds. If you are banned for breaking the rules of the Good Gaming Minecraft servers, you will not be refunded. Bans are subject to the full discretion of the server administrators, and the rules may be changed at any time. There is no guarantee that you will be able to enter the server, and if the server is no longer operable, the virtual items are forfeit. Refund requests due to issues concerning lag, game glitches, or any other issues are subject to the discretion of the Good Gaming administration team. All items are virtual and have no value.
- CREDENTIALS SECURITY
- If you are registered with a user account on the Website, you agree to keep your user name and password and/or any other Credentials needed to login to the Website or Services confidential and secure. You are responsible for controlling the access to and use of your account. You understand and agree that we assume that instructions we receive from your account are authoritative, and that we should act upon such instructions. We are not responsible for any unauthorized access to your account or profile or the ramifications of such access, and we are not required to take action to disable any account. You agree that you will not bring any action against us arising out of or related to any claimed unauthorized access using your Account Credentials.
- Notwithstanding the foregoing, if we believe that there has been an unauthorized access to your account, we may take reasonable actions to disable or lock your account, or otherwise address your situation.
- CONTENT SUBMITTED OR MADE AVAILABLE TO US
- You are under no obligation to submit anything to us, and unless otherwise noted, we will not claim ownership of your Content or Submissions. In order for us to provide the Services to you or for promotion of our Services, however, we require your permission to process, display, reproduce and otherwise use Content or Submissions you make available to us. Therefore, if you choose to submit any Content or Submissions (including your name, likeness and other personal information) to the Website or Services, or otherwise make any Content or Submissions available through the Services, you hereby grant to us a perpetual, irrevocable, transferable, sub-licensable, non-exclusive, worldwide, royalty-free license to reproduce, use, modify, display, perform, distribute, translate and create derivative works from any such Content or Submissions, including without limitation distributing part or all of the Content or Submissions in any media format through any media channels.
- By submitting any Content or Submissions to us you hereby agree, warrant and represent that: (a) the Content and Submissions do not contain proprietary or confidential information, and your provision of the Content and Submissions does not violate any third-party’s rights; (b) all such Submissions and Content are accurate and true, (c) we are not under any confidentiality obligation relating to the Content or Submissions; (d) we may use or disclose the Content or Submissions in any way; and (e) you are not entitled to compensation or attribution from us in exchange for the Submissions or Content.
- You acknowledge that we are under no obligation to maintain any Content or Submissions that you submit, post or make available to or on the Website or Services. We reserve the right to withhold, remove and or discard any such materials at any time.
- CONTENT SHARED THROUGH THE SERVICES
You understand that by sharing information on the Website or Services, and requesting to send information through the Services, you may be revealing information about yourself. You understand and acknowledge that you are fully aware and responsible for the impact of sharing such materials, and you agree that we are not responsible or liable in any way in connection with such sharing.
- LINKS TO THIRD PARTY WEBSITES
- OUR INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY
- Our graphics, logos, names, designs, page headers, button icons, scripts and service names are our trademarks, trade names and/or trade dress. The “look and feel” of the Website and Services (including color combinations, button shapes, layout, design and all other graphical elements) are protected by U.S. copyright and trademark laws. All product names, services names, trademarks and service marks (“Marks”) are either our property or the property of their respective owners, as indicated. You may not use the Marks for any purpose whatsoever other than as permitted by this Agreement.
- You acknowledge that i) the software used to provide the Services, and all enhancements, updates, upgrades, corrections and modifications to such software (the “Software”), ii) all copyrights, patents, trade secrets, or trademarks or other intellectual property rights protecting or pertaining to any aspect of the Software (or any enhancements, corrections or modifications) and iii) all documentation therefor, are the sole and exclusive property of us and/or our licensors. This Agreement does not convey title or ownership to you, but instead gives you only the limited use rights set forth herein.
- To the extent that you gain access to or receive any copies of the Software, you agree that you will delete such copies of the Software upon any termination of this Agreement, termination of your use of the Services, or at our request.
- TERM AND TERMINATION
- The “Term” of this Agreement will continue until the Agreement is terminated as provided herein. We reserve the right to terminate this Agreement and/or deny all or some portion of the Website or Services to any user, in our sole discretion, at any time.
- Without limiting the foregoing or assuming any additional legal obligations, we reserve the right to terminate violators of the Copyright Act, in accordance with applicable law. All rights that you grant to us herein related to Content and/or Submissions shall survive any termination of this Agreement. Further, your representations, warranties and indemnification obligations herein shall survive any termination of this Agreement.
- You may terminate this Agreement at any time by ceasing use of the Website or Services, and by closing your account.
- DISCLAIMERS AND LIMITATION ON LIABILITY
- We do not represent or warrant that access to the Services will be error-free or uninterrupted, and we do not guarantee that users will be able to access or use the Services, or their features at all times. We reserve the right at any time to modify or discontinue (temporarily or permanently) the Services, or any part thereof, with or without notice.
- The Services may be used to perform data analysis and other analytics, however, we do not guarantee the results of any such use.
- The Website or Services may contain typographical errors or inaccuracies, and may not be complete or current. We reserve the right to correct any such errors, inaccuracies or omissions, and to change or update information at any time without prior notice.
- Although we have the right to review, edit, remove or modify information from or on the Website or Services, we may not screen this material or control the sources of this information, and we do not guarantee the accuracy, suitability, completeness, currency, quality, adequacy or applicability of any such information.
- BY USING THE WEBSITE AND/OR SERVICES YOU AGREE AND ACKNOWLEDGE THAT WE PROVIDE THE WEBSITE AND SERVICES “AS IS” AND WITHOUT ANY WARRANTIES, EXPRESS, IMPLIED OR STATUTORY. WE AND OUR PARENTS, SUBSIDIARIES, OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, SHAREHOLDERS, MEMBERS, MANAGERS, EMPLOYEES AND SUPPLIERS, SPECIFICALLY DISCLAIM ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF TITLE, ACCURACY, SUITABILITY, APPLICABILITY, MERCHANTABILITY, PERFORMANCE, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, NON-INFRINGEMENT OR ANY OTHER WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND. NO ADVICE OR INFORMATION (ORAL OR WRITTEN) OBTAINED BY YOU FROM US SHALL CREATE ANY WARRANTY.
- USE OF THE WEBSITE AND/OR SERVICES IS AT YOUR SOLE RISK. WE DO NOT WARRANT THAT YOU WILL BE ABLE TO ACCESS OR USE THE WEBSITE AND/OR SERVICES AT THE TIMES OR LOCATIONS OF YOUR CHOOSING; THAT THE SERVICES WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR-FREE; THAT DEFECTS WILL BE CORRECTED; OR THAT THE SERVICES ARE FREE OF INACCURACIES, MISREPRESENTATIONS BY USERS, VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS.
- TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, AND EXCEPT AS OTHERWISE PROHIBITED BY LAW, IN NO EVENT SHALL WE OR OUR AFFILIATES, LICENSORS OR BUSINESS PARTNERS (COLLECTIVELY, THE “RELATED PARTIES”) BE LIABLE TO YOU BASED ON OR RELATED TO THE SERVICES, WHETHER BASED IN CONTRACT, TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE), STRICT LIABILITY OR OTHERWISE, AND SHALL NOT BE RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY LOSSES OR DAMAGES, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, PUNITIVE, EXEMPLARY OR SPECIAL DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF OR IN ANY WAY CONNECTED WITH ACCESS TO OR USE OF THE WEBSITE AND/OR SERVICES, EVEN IF WE AND/OR RELATED PARTIES HAVE BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES.
- Notwithstanding the foregoing, in the event that a court shall find that any of the above disclaimers are not enforceable, then you agree that neither we nor any of our subsidiaries, affiliated companies, employees, members, shareholders, or directors shall be liable for (1) any damages in excess of $100.00, or (2) any indirect, incidental, punitive, special, exemplary or consequential damages or loss of use, lost revenue, lost profits or data to you or any third party from your use of the Website or Services. This limitation shall apply regardless of the basis of your claim or whether or not the limited remedies provided herein fail of their essential purpose.
- SOME STATES MAY NOT PERMIT CERTAIN DISCLAIMERS AND LIMITATIONS, AND ANY SUCH DISCLAIMERS OR LIMITATIONS ARE VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
You agree to defend, indemnify and hold harmless us and our officers, directors, employees and agents, from and against any and all claims, damages, obligations, losses, liabilities, costs or debt, and expenses (including but not limited to reasonable attorney’s fees) arising from: (i) your use of and access to the Website or Services; (ii) your violation of any term of this Agreement; (iii) your violation of any third party right, including without limitation any copyright, property or privacy right; (iv) any claim that any of your Content or Submissions caused damage to a third party; or (v) any conduct, activity or action that is unlawful or illegal under any state, federal or common law, or is violative of the rights of any individual or entity, engaged in, caused by, or facilitated in any way through the use of the Website or Services. This defense and indemnification obligation will survive any termination or expiration of this Agreement or your use of the Website and/or Services.
- DISPUTES, GOVERNING LAW AND JURISDICTION
- You agree that any claim or dispute arising out of or relating in any way to your use of the Website, Services or any service provided by us, will be resolved solely and exclusively by binding arbitration, rather than in court, except that you may assert claims in small claims court if your claims qualify. The Federal Arbitration Act and federal arbitration law apply to this Agreement.
- There is no judge or jury in arbitration, and court review of an arbitration award is limited. An arbitrator, however, may award on an individual basis the same damages and relief as a court (including injunctive and declaratory relief or statutory damages), and must follow the terms of this Agreement as a court would.
- To begin an arbitration proceeding, you must send a letter requesting arbitration and describing your claim to our address specified in the Notice section, below.
- Arbitration under this Agreement will be conducted by the American Arbitration Association (“AAA”) under its rules then in effect. Payment of all filing, administration and arbitrator fees will be governed by the AAA’s rules.
- You agree that any dispute resolution proceedings will be conducted only on an individual basis and not in a class, consolidated or representative action. If for any reason a claim proceeds in court rather than in arbitration, we both agree that we have each waived any right to a jury trial.
- Notwithstanding the foregoing, you agree that we may bring suit in court to enjoin infringement or other misuse of intellectual property or other proprietary rights.
- Any dispute or alleged claim you may have with respect to your access or use of the Website or Services must be commenced within one (1) year after the occurrence of the events leading to the dispute or alleged claim.
- The laws of the United Kingdom (“UK”) shall govern this Agreement. Any arbitration shall be held in the UK (the “Dispute Resolution Location”). To the extent arbitration does not apply, you agree that any dispute arising out of or relating to the Website, Services or us, may only be brought by you in a state or federal court located in the Dispute Resolution Location. YOU HEREBY WAIVE ANY OBJECTION TO THIS VENUE AS INCONVENIENT OR INAPPROPRIATE, AND AGREE TO EXCLUSIVE JURISDICTION AND VENUE IN THE DISPUTE RESOLUTION LOCATION.
- Severability. If any provision of this Agreement is found for any reason to be unlawful, void or unenforceable, then that provision will be given its maximum enforceable effect, or shall be deemed severable from this Agreement and will not affect the validity and enforceability of any remaining provision.
- Revisions. This Agreement may only be revised in a writing signed by us or posted by us to the Website or Services. In the event that we update this Agreement and you are made aware of the update, your continued use of the Website or Services after the update shall constitute an agreement to the updated terms.
- No Partnership. You agree that no joint venture, partnership, employment, or agency relationship exists between you and us as a result of this Agreement or your use of the Website or Services.
- Assignment. We may assign our rights under this Agreement, in whole or in part, to any person or entity at any time with or without your consent. You may not assign the Agreement without our prior written consent. Any unauthorized assignment shall be null and void.
- No Waiver. Our failure to enforce any provision of this Agreement shall in no way be construed to be a present or future waiver of such provision, nor in any way affect the right of any party to enforce each and every such provision thereafter. The express waiver by us of any provision, condition or requirement of this Agreement shall not constitute a waiver of any future obligation to comply with such provision, condition or requirement.
- Equitable Remedies. You hereby agree that we would be irreparably damaged if the terms of this Agreement were not specifically enforced, and therefore you agree that we shall be entitled, without bond, other security, or proof of irreparable harm or other damages, to appropriate equitable remedies with respect to breaches of this Agreement, in addition to such other remedies as we may otherwise have available to us under applicable laws.
- Entire Agreement. This Agreement, including the documents expressly incorporated by reference, constitutes the entire agreement between you and us with respect to the Website or Services, and supersedes all prior or contemporaneous communications, whether electronic, oral or written.
- Notices. All notices given by you or required under this Agreement shall be in writing and addressed to: Good-Gaming, 415 McFarlan Road, Suite 108, Kennett Square, PA 19348] Attn: Good Gaming INC.
If you believe in good faith that any materials posted on the Website or accessed via the Services (the “Materials”) infringe any copyright in any work of yours, you agree to contact our “DMCA Copyright Agent” as identified below, hereby designated under the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (“DMCA”) (17 U.S.C. §512(c)(3)), with correspondence containing the following:
- A physical or electronic signature of the owner, or a person authorized to act on behalf of the owner, of the copyright that is allegedly infringed;
- Identification of the copyrighted work claimed to have been infringed;
- Identification, with information reasonably sufficient to allow its location of the material that is claimed to be infringing;
- Information reasonably sufficient to permit us to contact you;
- A statement that you have a good faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law; and,
- A statement that the information in the notification is accurate, and under penalty of perjury, that you are authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.
You agree that if you fail to comply with all of the requirements of this policy, your DMCA notice may not be valid. For any questions regarding this procedure, or to submit a complaint, please contact our designated DMCA Copyright Agent:
415 McFarlan Road, Suite 108
Kennett Square, PA 19348
COMPLAINT POLICY FOR INFRINGEMENT OF OTHER RIGHTS
If you believe in good faith that any Materials (as defined above) posted on the Website or accessed via the Services infringe any of your rights (including any trademark or privacy rights, but not including rights in copyright as addressed in the Copyright Policy, above), or are otherwise unlawful, you agree to send a notice to firstname.lastname@example.org, containing the following information:
- Your name, physical address, e-mail address and phone number;
- A description of the Materials posted on the Website that you believe violate your rights or are otherwise unlawful, and which parts of said Materials you believe should be remedied or removed;
- Identification of the location of the Material on the Website;
- If you believe that the Materials violate your rights, a statement as to the basis of the rights that you claim are violated;
- If you believe that the Materials are unlawful or violate the rights of others, a statement as to the basis of this belief;
- A statement under penalty of perjury that you have a good faith belief that use of the Materials in the manner complained of is not authorized and that the information you are providing is accurate to the best of your knowledge and in good faith; and,
- Your physical or electronic signature.
If we receive a message from you that complies with all of the above requirements, we will evaluate the submission, and if appropriate, in our sole discretion, we will take action. We may disclose your submission to any entity that posted the claimed violative Materials, or any other entity as we deem appropriate.
Copyright © Good-Gaming. Minecraft®/TM & © 2009-2015 Mojang / Notch. All rights reserved. The Website is protected by United States and international copyright, trademark, and other applicable laws. This includes the content, appearance, and design of the Website, as well as the trademarks, product names, graphics, logos, service names, slogans, colors, and designs.